Alerts and Notifications

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet
01/02/19 Edited 12/09/19

Hi everyone! 

New to Smartsheet and trying to figure out the automation aspect - which is what really sold us on the software.  So, I have a question - is it possible to send out notifications/alerts based on specific changes within a row?  For example I have two tasks - Demo1 and Demo2.  I need a notification to be sent out when both of these tasks are complete.  I feel like I'm missing something.  It looks to me like I can only setup alerts/notifications at a sheet level.

Thanks a bunch!  You'll be hearing from me a lot - I'm sure!!

Dawn

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Dawn,

Welcome!

Yes, it is. Are the tasks on separate rows or the same row?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• SYSPKSYSPK ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.

You can make a helper column, like a checkbox, and put in an IF formula that has it check off if both of your columns meet the criteria you want. Then, you can have your notification be triggered when that helper column changes to checked. 

• If I understand your issue correctly, it is about sending alerts to a persons outside the sheet. Meaning you want to send email alert when both the Demo1 & Demo2 are checked? If that is the case then.

1. In your Personal Setting Notification ensure the "Include my changes in sheet notifications" is checked.
    2. Ensure that the emails of the intended recipients column type is ContactList
    3. Set Run Workflow to 'When Triggered"
    4. In Alert Some - Send Contact in cell - Select ContactEmail

I hope this helps as it work for me.