Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Web Forms

Options
Amina
Amina
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

The only way that I know to add an attachment accessible to the user is to create a link. 

(I'm not referring to the user uploading a document to the web form.)

Is there another option?

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/07/16
    Options

Amina,

Here is the link from Help on attachments and uploading.

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/518408-uploading-attachments

Once you add an attachment using the webform or the paperclip on the left side of the row, then the attachment can be accessed by either clicking on the Row or going to the Attachments tab at the bottom of the screen.

Hope that helps.

Tim

• Amina
    Options

Tim,

Thanks but this does not involve a row.  What i was referring to is when you want to embed an attachment in the web form, such as an instructions page for the user to access.  You have to use a link that they click on to access the instructions page, and  then they can return to the web form and fill it out.  I was wondering if there was another option.  My question was answered at the Q&A today so they confirmed what I had thought.

• Claire Diener
    Options

I agree that it would be very nice to be able embed images into the web form

• Carmin
    Carmin
    edited 02/20/17
    Options

Amina - Please share the answer you received at the Q&A. I've been looking for a way to embed images/attachments in the webform as well. This feature would be very helpful. Thanks in advance. 

This discussion has been closed.