Control Center Global Updates

Options
Gary
Gary ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

We are now using Control Center to provision projects and as we are learning how to use it better we need to keep doing some updates to the templates and the existing projects we have already provisioned.  I have been using the Global Update feature, but when I use it to update a Dropdown list in a Dropdown column, the column is moved in all the sheets that it updates. I have seen it move from 2-3 columns up to 10 columns away from it's original location on the sheet.  

There is an advanced function with the Global update that allows you to select where you want the column to appear in your sheet and I checked that before doing the updates and it is correct, but the column still does not appear where it was selected to be.

You can see the before and after location of a column that I tested with a Global update that it moved it from it's original location.

This is causing heartache with the persons that have their sheets setup the way they want with their column order and causing a lot of confusion.

Has anyone else seen this happen?  

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Gary

Smartsheet - Column Move Before.jpg

Smartsheet - Column Move After.jpg

Comments