Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Alerts / Notifications not being received

Options

Comments

• Tim McCarthy
    Tim McCarthy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you re-open the sheet, is the change still there?

• Tim McCarthy
    Tim McCarthy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Check your spam folders and whether or not you are receiving communications from smartsheet. This has been an issue with some users. You can try 'white listing' smartsheet.

See also the discussion "Alerts and Notifications not working"

• Sophie Waters
    edited 01/22/16
    Options

Yes the changes are still there if Smartsheet is closed and re-opened.

I will check with our IT support team and check the spam filters.

Thanks for your help.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

An important factor for notifications - they are only sent when other users make changes to the sheet. You will not get an email for changes that you make to the sheet.

Ask Nathan to make changes to the sheet (and save), then see if you receive the notification email. 

• Sophie Waters
    edited 01/25/16
    Options

Hi Travis,

Thank you for your comment.

I have also asked Nathan to make a change and I still haven't received a notification.

Our tech team are looking into wether the spam filters are stopping the emails from coming through to me.

Smile

Sophie

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Sophia - This blocking can be happening either on the email client or on the server level -- or both. Check your spam filter settings to see if the emails are being routed to your junk folder (if you havent already)

If your client spam filter is not the issue, have your IT department add the smartsheet.com domain to your mail server whitelist to ensure your organization can receive emails from Smartsheet.

The following relays can also be added to your organization's trusted sender list:

# Domain Name: ord.relay.smartsheet.com, IP Address: 50.56.63.7

# Domain Name: ord.relay.smartsheet.com, IP Address: 50.57.35.62

# Domain Name: ord.relay.smartsheet.com, IP Address: 50.57.35.63

# Domain Name: iad.relay.smartsheet.com, IP Address: 74.205.18.244

# Domain Name: iad.relay.smartsheet.com, IP Address: 74.205.18.245

# Domain Name: iad.relay.smartsheet.com, IP Address: 74.205.18.246

These should be referenced as acceptable addresses from which to receive email.

This discussion has been closed.