Is there a way by which users can only view their rows instead of having rights to view other users

Options
Jimmy
Jimmy
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi All,

Is there a way were a user can just view and edit his/her rows and he/she shall not be able to view other user rows.

Example:

Attached screenshot.I have two contact David and Charles.

Now, If David wish to update his data on the sheet he would not be able to view Charles rows vice versa.

USer_Screenshot.PNG

Tags:

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jimmy,

There are two ways as I see it.

1. They update the information thru Update Requests
    2. Users have personal sheets, and then everything is collected on a report for you (or someone else) to see.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jimmy
    Options

Hi Andree,

If I choose the 1 option you mentioned;every time I have to send they update request email is that something I have to do? or will they be able to view there rows and update them.

Can you please show an example.

2 option can you please show with an example how to create a report and share that report to the user so that every time they make any changes on the report it get auto update on the sheet.

Appreciate your support

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help!

Answers to your questions are below.

If I choose the 1 option you mentioned;every time I have to send they update request email is that something I have to do? or will they be able to view there rows and update them.

It can be automated to send at specific intervals or when something changes or happens in the sheet.

Can you please show an example.

I'll get back to you with examples later today.

2 option can you please show with an example how to create a report and share that report to the user so that every time they make any changes on the report it get auto update on the sheet.

The report will show the sheets information, meaning that if you change anything in the report, it will change at the same time in the sheet.

I'll get back to you with examples later today.

Appreciate your support

Best,

Andrée

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jimmy
    Options

Appreciate if you could help me with an example for 2 option that shows how to create a report from the sheet and how if anything changes on the report it should change the sheet at the same time.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jimmy,

Do you still need/want an example?

Best,

Andrée