Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Drop Down list in web form out of sequence

CraigH
CraigH
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Good afternoon,

I have searched the knowledge base to no avail, so...

I created a simple web form with a drop down list containing 3 times: 9:00 am, 9:30 am, and 10:00 am. The column in the sheet with the drop down list is in order. However, when I created the form and previewed it the times were displayed in this order: 10:00 am, 9:00 am and 9:30 am. I sent it to myself to check how it displays "live" and it was still out of sequence. I tried adding zeroes in fron of the nines but that did not work.

Any help is appreciated.

Craig

Comments

• Peter Kirkham
    edited 02/13/16

I just tried to re-create the problem but was unable to do so. Created a new sheet with a dropdown column, three times exactly as you had entered e.g.

Then I created a webform with just that column and the entry set to a dropdown. Here's how the preview looked:

So I'm a little stumped as to why it might be behaving differently for you. At the very least you can see that it can work? Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps I misunderstood what you are trying to achieve?

Peter

• Travis
    Travis Employee

I just tested this as well and my times are in order. 

Are you still having trouble with this? 

• Thanks Peter and Travis,

Weird but iI could not get it to show in sequence so I deleted the form and re-created it and wouldn't you know...it works fine now.

This discussion has been closed.