Overallocated resource not showing red symbol in project

Options
Bart H
Bart H ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

an overallocated resource is not showing the red symbol, though it shows as overallocated in the resource views. It does work for other resources. What can cause this issue?

overallocatedinresourceview.PNG

overallocatednotshowing.PNG

Comments

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HI Bart

There are a number of things to double check. 

• Within the Project Settings dialog (little cog button, top right corner of the Gannt View) have you got Dependencies enabled?  Once that is enabled, then look at the Resource Management settings and check they are enabled too.
    • Check that the user being assigned to is on your user list.
    • Check that the dates being indicated in the resource view are the same dates you are looking at in your Project.

I appreciate these are basic checks, but in my experience it is usually something like this being overlooked that causes anomolies.

If all this is in place and you are still not seeing your little red person in the column headed with an "i" in your project sheet then do come back and ask for more help.

Kind regards

Debbie Sawyer Consultant & Training Manager

Smarter Processes mean happy people in successful businesses

• Bart H
    Bart H ✭✭
    Options

Hi Debbie,

thanks for the feedback. Is it possible that the red person goes away in the project sheet if the overallocation is in the past? I checked this on the day that the task ended or just after that. The overallocation still shows up in the resource view (even though it was in the past now).

Best regards,

Bart

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah Yes Bart - that will be the cause!

Well done on spotting that.

If the task is in the past, then the over allocation indication is no longer useful in the project as there isn't anything one can do to resolve the conflict.

Yes, that makes sense.

Kind regards

Debbie