Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Webforms email

Options
Sheila Julien
Sheila Julien ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I love being able to set the "send me an email" to checked and create a default email address.  i use this so that someone (not the sender) gets the summary email with every submittal.  But it would be even better if I could make this hidden so that the user does not replace the email with his/her own email.  Or have a separate option to send such an email to a certain address and still allow the submitter to request an email summary.

Any ideas?

Sheila

Comments

• Christian Wells
    Options

Hi Sheila,

A couple of solutions.

1) For the update of 1 email address for each submittal, look at Alerts, this can send an email right away if needed...

This way you can keep the email address for the submitter to use. as an option.

## add text to describe the email will be sent

2) Zapier is an integrated application which can send an email from your smartsheet based on a New or change trigger.  Here you can customise the message to include fields form smartsheet and modify other email attributes,  A free account gives you 100 emails a month....

i hope these can assist you in your smartsheet travels

• meyersoundmw
    Options

I  just started working with the Help Desk Ticket Tracker & Form.

It would be great to have a notification for every web request that is submitted.

This could be sent to the person dispatching the work and managing the sheet.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Notifications can be used to email users shared to the sheet whenever a new web form is added. Just set the notification trigger as a column unique to the web form (if you dont want emails for other changes made to the sheet).

Notifications: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/542904-using-notifications

• Sheila Julien
    Sheila Julien ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am using the alerts, as suggested, and allowing people to request a copy to be emailed to them.  But as I test it, I CANNOT get an email to come to me.  I have tried two email addresses several times and I do not receive a copy of my responses.  Any idea what I might have set incorrectly?

Sheila

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 03/14/16
    Options

Sheila, are you referring to Notifications? How are you testing this? Notifications will only send emails when other people make changes to your sheet - you will not get an email for changes you make.

• Sheila Julien
    Sheila Julien ✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/14/16
    Options

No, I am referring to the Form Option, Enable Email Confirmation.  This enables the user to trigger an email to the email address they enter that will summarize the information submitted.

I had set this up successfully on a previous form, but for some reason I get no emails when I test this new one.  I have tried two personal email addresses and nothing.  No email confirmation.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Thanks Sheila. I just tested this in one of my sheets and received the confirmation email in about 5 seconds. 

Does this happen on every sheet or just a single sheet? If you haven’t tested using a different sheet, try creating a form (or using an existing form) on another sheet and send yourself a confirmation email.

Let me know the results and we can go from there. 

• Shelley Hose
    Options

Is there any way to capture the email address from the webform that the user submits for a copy of the form itself?  Right now, I am asking for the email address within the form, and then the form asks for the email adress for a copy of the responses.  Any way to combine this into one action?

This discussion has been closed.