Survey showing one question of the survey at a time

ways2084841
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I want to send out my survey so that recipients will only be able to view one question at a time, rather than seeing the whole survey at once. 

Is this possible?

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Yes, it is! 

I would recommend using the Smartsheet Sync for Google Forms integration.

More info: https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/google-forms-smartsheet-sync

Another option if you want to use the forms in Smartsheet would be to have each question on separate forms, and when that is answered, it would open another form with the second question and so on. The answers would show as one per row but depending on how many questions and your need it could work.

Would any of those options work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on your needs, I would recommend the Google Forms integration. Google forms is much more user friendly and has many more options to include conditional formatting and logic built directly into the form (not to mention you can make the forms look much better).

If user selects "Yes", then ask this question.

If user selects "No" then skip to the end.

If user manually enters something else, turn the field red and have a notice pop up that either "yes" or "No" should be selected.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hello,

This functionality isn't currently available in Smartsheet, but these are all great workarounds!

When you have a moment, please submit a Product Enhancement Request to let our Product team know that you'd like to have this functionality in Smartsheet. 

• Hi,

Has this functionality been added yet or not?

• Heather_Verde
    Heather_Verde ✭✭✭✭✭

@JC_QNTM I would suggest using the logic feature on the SS form when you build it. You can show specific fields based on the prior field completion. The issue may be that for fields that require free-form text entries, the next field will appear as soon as someone starts typing something in the visible field. If you are wanting it more delayed, you could use the techniques already provided or add a checkbox that will trigger the next field to be shown when it is checked. So the user could check "Next Question" and the next field would appear.

• Naeem Ejaz
    Naeem Ejaz ✭✭✭✭

@ways2084841 Use the logic function in forms.

Executive Manager PMO