Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Organizing/Sorting Workspaces

Options
Monikka Mann
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello Fellow Smartsheet Community Members,

I am wondering if anyone knows if it possible to sort items in a workspace by the item type.

I have a workspace that has a mixture of sheets and reports. Ideally, I would like a way to group all the reports together and all of the sheets together. An anaology is clicking the 'Type' column heading if you're viewing the contents of a folder in Microsoft Windows.

It can probably be done by nesting folders within the workspace but I think this is a cumbersome solution.

Has anyone encoutered a situation like this before and what did you do to solve it?

Thanks!

Monikka

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Monikka,

I've tried prioritizing items by adding an underscore "_" to the front of the object.

Someone usually comes around and adds a second underscore and then the battle begins.

I have put Report and Templates into sub-folders. That sometimes works.

You could do something programmers sometimes do and name your sheet "sh_something" and your reports "r_something" and so on.

I try (insert Yoda quote here) to limit the amount of scrolling I need to do, so make folders when I have too many objects at the current level.

But I haven't considered sorting. 

Craig

• Keith Tham
    edited 02/23/18
    Options

Doesn't appear to be able to group Workspaces into a Folder.

For Workspaces,  have resorted to adding a group type for each Workspace name, then all the same type of Workspaces are at least together in the list.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.