Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Dependency Settings

Options
Jody Gipson
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

i am trying to build a construction timeline for a project.  and i need to use different dependency time frames for different vendors in the same spreadsheet.  for example:

Permitting works on a business work week schedule.  so Mon-Fri no weekends and no holidays.

However the GC has agreed he wiil complete his work in exactly 120 from his starting day, meaning he will work days, weekend, holidays so to finish this job.  so how do I change his dependency settings for just his time frame.   the one part of the Gant chart would work off of a work week schedule of monday -Friday and his 4-5 rows needs to calculate based upon 120 calendar days

please help

Comments

• Monikka Mann
    edited 04/15/16
    Options

Hi, 

I think if you use the elapsed time functionality, this should work. I have to do this a lot for testing.

Just put an 'e' in front of the duration: Elapsed time (lead with an e to indicate duration in elapsed time e.g. e3d, e5h, e3.5d, etc). A task with a duration in elapsed time ignores non-working time. The task will start and end in the amount of time specified regardless of working day length and non-working days in the sheet.

Hope this helps!

Monikka

• Jody Gipson
    edited 04/15/16
    Options

yes that worked thank you

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jody,

Read up on the elapsed dependency.

In a normal 8 hour per day sheet, 1d = 8h.

Using elapsed, it is 24h. Be careful.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.