Embedding Tableau Public link to a dashboard

taylorbrundage
taylorbrundage Overachievers Alumni
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi there,

I'm currently operating on an Enterprise level version of Smartsheet and experiencing an error with my dashboard. Does anyone have experience embedding a Tableau Public link directly into a dashboard via widget? I see that this is an option and have tried both the link & embed codes, which both return the same error message that the URL is invalid. Is this a permissions issue? I am not the system admin, so I'm not sure that I have access to the full scope of settings. Any insight on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Alejandra
    Alejandra Employee

Hello,

Thank you for working with our Support team on this issue! To recap, there has been a recent change in the code for Tableau Public visualizations that prevents external embedding. Although we can no longer support Tableau Public in the Web Content Widget, we do support Tableau Online if you have licenses for that application. 

Please know I've submitted a request to include this information in our help center article: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2477606-web-content-widget