Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Reports / Master Calendar

Heidi Decker
Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi there, it's me again.

So here's the thing...

We are a small test facility. We are trying to track jobs that are nothing like eachother using the same equipment and people resources. Sometimes we have 2 people resources on the same job.

I know there currently isn't anyway to put 2 people on the same job and that I would have to enter the job 2 times for the people. Another challange is vacations and training. I was thinking about having just a resource sheet and the job sheet then use a master calendar to show it all. The challange there is that the consolidated calendar doesn't show the actual information from the sheet, it shows the sheet name and my guys wouldn't know what jobs they are working on.

Does anyone have any ideas? Basically the end result needs to be what we currently see on the gantt and calendar now but able to choose 2 pieces of data on the gantt line or calendar. Also would be really nice to choose where you want the data to be, either in the gantt line or out like now.

May as well start my wish list. LOL

Comments

• What if you consolidate the two calenders to a report? It will show the gantt/calender as well as row data and sheet name, so you know if its a vaction or task. 

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Dave,

I'm struggling with Reports on this one. I'm not able to get the task and dates from the one sheet and the people resources from the other to show on one calendar. All of this would be solved if I was able to choose more than 1 piece of data for the gantt and calendar views.

This discussion has been closed.