Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet Merge issue when using Combine-into-one-file option

DanS
DanS ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

When I attempt to use the combine into one file option, such as when I'm using a 1-page Google document template to print five (5) rows into 5 pages, the combined file output exhibits the following errors:

1. Contents in the header are not displayed in the combined file per page; when I use the merge print on single pages, the header contents are intact and replicated correctly on the merge output.

2. Left and right margins as specified in the document template are not followed.  E.g. if I specify left and right margins as 0.25 inches in the template, the output remains at 1".

I have tried both Google doc and PDF output for the combined file - both formats exhibit the same formatting bugs mentioned above.

Hope we have a fix for this soon.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi!

Unfortunately both of the issue you mentioned are known issues with Smartsheet Merge. This issue only occurs when you combine into a single file. If you create individual files, the headers and margins remain as they should. 

Our developers are aware of the issue and will work to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks!
    Joseph

• DanS
    DanS ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Joseph.  I have over 10 files per session per day to print, it becomes quite unproductive to not have a batch print feature.

Hope it gets fixed soon :-)

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dan,

By print, are meaning with paper and ink or just getting the information into a PDF for digital viewing. I ask because they are two different (but related) problems.

Thanks

Craig

• DanS
    DanS ✭✭✭✭

Hi Craig, 

Both, by generating a single PDF and then printing 10 pages.  Each page is a "trip ticket", which corresponds to 10 rows in a Smartsheet database.

If the rendering of the information in the PDF (for digital viewing) is already with correct margins, headers & footers, I think the printing (to paper) would not be a problem.

Thanks

Dan

• has there been a resolution to this issue yet? I'm trying to merge some letters and the heading is not appearing on the combined files - a year after this comment posted. 

This discussion has been closed.