Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Help with Status and Date Columns

Options
Ricky Reyes
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello, I am having trouble with a formula.

I have 3 date columns, and 1 status column. I would like the status to change with the input of a date in the columns.

Here is the reasoning for the question. I have "Ready Date", A "Start Date", and a "Complete Date". When a date is in the "Ready Date" column, I want the status column to show "Ready", when there is a date in the "Ready Date" and "Start Date" columns, I want the status to show "Started". When there is a date in the "Ready Date", "Start Date", and "Complete Date", I want the status to be "Complete".

I will need all date field to be put in before the status will change, being that someone cannot start until they are ready. Is this something that can be done?

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

=IF(ISDATE([Ready Date]#)=0,"",IF(ISDATE([Start Date]#)=0,"Ready",IF(AND((ISDATE([Start Date]#),ISDATE([Complete Date]#)=0,"Started","Complete")))

Try that

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/07/16
    Options

There's an error in the previous formula.

The AND is not properly closed.

=IF(ISDATE([Ready Date]23) = 0, "", IF(ISDATE([Start Date]23) = 0, "Ready", IF(AND(ISDATE([Start Date]23), ISDATE([Complete Date]23)) = 0, "Started", "Complete")))

For row 23.

The AND is not really needed, as the previous IF determined the Start Date contains a date.

=IF(ISDATE([Ready Date]23) = 0, "", IF(ISDATE([Start Date]23) = 0, "Ready", IF(ISDATE([Complete Date]23) = 0, "Started", "Completed")))

Craig

This discussion has been closed.