Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Bandwidth requirement for smartsheet

Does anybody know how much bandwidth is required / utilized by the smartsheet. I know this is not much with a good internet connection but would like to quantify for an requirement. Can someone help ?

Comments

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/10/16

Vasanthan,

I don't think there are any specific bandwidth requirements for Smartsheet but I can tell you my personal experience. I work in an office with >25Mbps up/download fiber internet one day per week and the rest of the week I work from home with 5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload. Opening some of my larger sheets at work takes about three seconds and maybe about twice that long from home. Uploads done on my biggest sheets take much longer (I think the Smartsheet app is taking a long time to revise all the cell links so it's not just about upload speed) but I don't have to do that very often. One thing I did notice a few months ago is that when I was working from my son's home near Annapolis, MD, everything was noticeably faster than at the office in California even though the bandwidth was less in Maryland. I asked Smartsheet support about this and they said that I was going through a server in Virginia which is much closer to Maryland than California resulting in slower response time.

• Scott Medd
    edited 01/17/17

Thanks I have been running from China and experiencing a lot of issues. I think that this could be due to firewall issues rather than the actual internet speed.

I have run speed tests with the following results, am I right in thinking that this speed should be enough? As I am having problems in even logging in, and can barely open any sheets at all.

Thanks

Speed Tests.png

This discussion has been closed.