Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Pre Configure Report (Task list) for each Resource that will work on Project

Options
JamesR
JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi,

This is probably a Feature request rather than a discussion as I do not feel that there is a way to do it at the moment, but I may be wrong.

I would like to create individual reports for each of the resources U am going to use on the project.  The Criteria being Assigned to (Contact Column) that resource.  Problem, cannot enter Resource name into Criteria on Report Builder unless they have meeb assigned a task.

The only way I can do this at the moment is to assign a task to each resource then create the reports and then remove them from the tasks.  It would be nicer if you could type in the resource name so that when that resource is assigned a task it recognises them and populates the report.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

James,

Are you pulling from all sheets or specific sheets or a workspace?

Here's what I've done in the past:

1. Create projectx sheet and add the Assigned To and a checkbox column.

2. Dump all users using the Download User List (csv) from User Management

3. Copy the user's by email into the sheet.

- I might have needed to cleanup the names, it has been a long time since I did this.

4. Add the sheet to the report.

5. All users should be able to be seen, since they now have a task.

6. The checkbox column is used to turn off the task - if you are keying on % Complete then just use the % Complete column to mark the task as done when the Report is finished.

It doesn't take long to set up

Hope that helps.

Craig

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cheers Craig,

For my current project mot many users so no big thing but I will bear it in mind for the future. 

It would just be nice if you could just type the Users Name in to the criteria.  I think all other Criteria allow you to either specify (select) or enter your own,

James

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, James! I will submit it to our Product team. 

This discussion has been closed.