Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

View Multiple Sheets

Jacque
Jacque
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is there a way to view two sheets simultaneously like you can in excel when in View/New Window?

Comments

• Ame Rychlak
    Ame Rychlak ✭✭✭

I have been able to open multiple sheets in multiple browser windows/tabs.

Open a new tab or window and navigate to Smartsheet.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thats the simplest answer and either Two screen it or have one open on a laptop and your PC side by side, Great for conference calls. Dont forget th ipad App too.

Hope that helps?

Richardr

• Jacque
    Jacque
    edited 05/18/16
  • I didnt know you could do this and when I told a collegue of mine he said that he has been doing it for a while.

But he has had issues where he thinks he put some information in there but it hasnt saved properly or gotten lost.

Do you think it could be because he is using the same log in on multiple windows to access the same data sheets?

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/25/16

Luisa

When you are using your own login to Smartsheet on more than one device you do need to be careful to click the save button as you make changes and also Refresh the Other scrren to see those changes, but it is no different to collaborating live with colleagues on the same sheet, just be dilligent with your saving or talk to your collaborator and agree who is changing what?

You very rarely get a clash as long as you are careful and keep saving so the smartsheet server knows where its instructions are coming from. 

The only difference is you dont see the dropdown warning that "XXX" is also viewing your sheet. 

Good luck... more tools in your toolbox? 

RichardR

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a more complicated two monitor solution that resolves the drawback Richard mentioned in his last post.

If you use gmail, you can easily set up a new Smartsheet account.

Gmail does not recognize "." in the email address.

That means

myname@gmail.com

and

my.name@gmail.com

are the same and will be delivered to the same InBox.

Smartsheet treats them as unique.

To edit a sheet, you don't need to be licensed user, only shared editor.

Create a second user for the editing of things that don't require differentiating between users inside Smartsheet.

Use a second browser or incognito/private mode in Chrome/Firefox and login with the two accounts in two different windows.

I don't use this often, but have.

Craig

• Thanks for the confirmation everyone.

When my collegue told me about it, he though its was due to a 'glitch' in Smartsheet and assumed there was something wrong. When I suspect he isnt saving or refreshing as he is making all the edits and so we lose data when he closes off tabs in the browser. 

I have started using two windows to see two separate parts of our smartsheet data - one sheet and one report. But I make usre that I save and refresh my pages as I progress. I will pass on this advice to my collegue and perhaps we wont lose any data! 

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.