Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

address formula

Options
Bob Crissmsm
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

What would be the formula to separate the address into plus for separation.  I have tried a few different ways and haven't had sucsess. 

ADDRESS SM.png

Tags:

Comments

• Ichiorochi
    edited 05/20/16
    Options

Just to be clear, do you want the addresses to be put togther with the differnet value or do you want to split it apart?

• Bob Crissmsm
    Options

looking to add the + 

replace spaces and conna's with plus symble

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bob,

I assume the first result you have came from something like this:

=[AddressLine1]23 + "+" + City23 + "+" + State23 + "+" + PostCode23

and the second example is manual editing to show the result you desire.

Try this:

=SUBSTITUTE([AddressLine1]14 + " " + City14 + " " + State14 + " " + PostCode14, " ", "+")

Craig

• Bob Crissmsm
    Options

Craig Thank you for your advice, you are correct in assumption.  and yes I came up with          =SUBSTITUTE([Street Address]114, " ", "+")

but I wasnt able to link the two steps together, to facilitate added couple columns and two stepped it.

=[fixed address]107 + "+" + City107 + "+" + State107 + "+" + Zip107. formula configure address with url infront to take to map or navigator from row in sheet or report.

www.google.com/maps/place/11712+W+Lark+Dr,+Chandler,+AZ+85287

I did try your example I am not getting something right.  However we are functioning with the extra steps.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This works for me:

I do the substitute and addition of the URL in the same cell.

="www.google.com/maps/place/" + SUBSTITUTE([AddressLine1]14 + " " + City14 + " " + State14 + " " + PostCode14, " ", "+")

If it still doesn't work, you could share the sheet to me 

jcwill23@gmail.com

and I'll take a look.

Craig

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Update:

Bob shared the sheet with me.

I implemented the change above in a new column and suggested deletion of the previous four columns that were being used to pull the information together one piece at a time.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.