Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Row-level permissions?

Options
Robert Bell1
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I think I am asking the impossible here, but let's give it a go!   I want to use Smartsheet for a career progression initiative, so the idea is to have a form where staff enter their details and ambitions.  That's the easy bit, we can do that,  The tricky bit is then allowing each member of the team to see and update their own information but not see anyone elses data.   Any ideas?  I suspect this is not achievable.

Comments

• Atus Bartal
    Atus Bartal ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Robert,

slightly differently, but you can solve this with reports. Here's an article that also touches this topic:https://www.smartsheet.com/blog/support-tip-reports-vs-sharing

Quote: "...how to use reports to share key information from your sheet with others, without giving them access to your entire sheet.  Perfect for using Smartsheet as your master resource to track all the little details AND keep some information private"

So if your team is not a huge one, you can create reports for each person with the information you let them update. 

The second option is even easier: just to send out update requests for each row to the specific team member. If you need the update only once in a while, this solution is better. 

In both cases, their modifications will appear on the master sheet that you manage. 

Atus

• Robert Bell1
    Options

That's really helpful - thank you Artus

This discussion has been closed.