Upcoming Release - Whats In It?

Kelly Hysell
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

There is a new release coming. Yay!

We were all just summarily notified of the upcoming release and the expected downtime.

Any chance we can get a list of proposed changes included in the release?

And please don't send me to the roadmap page with the generic message on releases and a copy of the release notes from the previous versions. That's good, we need that. But I'm asking for the next release. 

I appreciate any response.

Comments

• Hi Kelly—

Due to the many factors involved in a release, we don't publish specifics on upcoming changes ahead of time. We may tease or mention some upcoming capabilities, but we don't provide specific release dates. There are a few reasons for this:

• We may need to pull something from a release, sometimes even at the last minute
    • We might need to push an entire release out a bit further or cancel it altogether
    • Some of our scheduled downtime isn't for us to release new capabilities — we could have a scheduled downtime for maintenance and, in that case, would have nothing to announce

To be adaptive and maintain our quality standards, and ensure that we're not misinforming people, we opt to announce details after new capabilities are released.