Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Card View - Selecting View By Lanes

Options
2»

Comments

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Considering? Since it is also a dropdown item, I would imagine it shouldn't be too hard to implement ahead of more complicated feature requests.

And as I stated earlier, this should be considered an oversight that symbols were omitted from :view by" for lanes. This is a bug and shouldn't be a new feature request.

• Bill Stadler
    Options

Please add my vote as well.  Is there and area that we can go to to see hte Enhacement request and vote on them ourselves?

Thanks

• Jennifer Greenough
    Jennifer Greenough Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I agree regarding organizing lanes by RYG balls.  We use these to high risks and it would be very handy to view in a card style.

• Chris Boron
    edited 11/01/16
    Options

Hi there! Any progress on this feature? This is possibly the only thing that is in the way of us getting this program. This feature convinces my boss to pull the trigger-- just saying. 

Please let me know. Have a great day!

• Smuglet
    Options

+1 For the abilty to have "Assigned To" colums in the "View by:" on cards.  Would make it sooooooo useful.

• Matt Stofka
    Matt Stofka ✭✭✭✭
    Options

+1 for the Contact List lanes.

I use a workaround such as what Shankar mentioned above...which is to create a drop-down column that copies the data from my contact list column (=[Assigned To]1). That drop-down contains all of the names that might be populated in the contact list column so that they'll be available as lanes.

This workaround works OK since the list of names that might populate the contact list is fixed for my use case, so I don't need to update the associated drop-down list column frequently.  This obviously wouldn't work as well if the names in the contact list column changes frequently.

• Jim Y
    Jim Y
    edited 02/03/17
    Options

Add my vote for allowing other column types to be used in Card View View By:

• Martine Pelly
    edited 02/08/17
    Options

+1 for RYG in Card view - desperate to have this view for a massive project.

+1 also for Contact List lanes in Card view

Really hoping these can be done soon given there are so many calling for it. Any updates?

Thanks.

• Robin Sherwood
    Options

I'm sure most people on this thread know this by now but we have added support for "Assignee" lanes in card view now! 

• Chris P
    Chris P
    edited 08/01/17
    Options

Hi Robin, I like the product and we use it extensively. But I find it hard to understand why you would not support RYG drop down. Based on your definitions drop down lists are included in Card View except this one. This is a massive oversight which was raised a year ago and still not update if it will be delivered. 

Please don't ask for a +1 for the enhacment what we need is (i) Never will be delivered or (ii) planned to be delivered on x date. If the enhancement will be delivered and the team cannot give a date - maybe they need a new way of delivering enhancements. 

I do realise there is a manual workaround. We have created another column with nested ifs to represent the RYG but this now means we have two columns representing the same data. 

Sorry for the frustration but a year with no update is unacceptable for a cloud based application. 

Thanks,

Chris

This discussion has been closed.