Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Borders visibility

Brian Fasci
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I am trying to figure out how to control the borders in SS? They dont print well and the grind I am using needs to be seen ?

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

There is no Boarder Formatting tools so therefore you cannot do what you ask. However you may be able to make the Grid/Area stand out by either setting the back colour to a pale grey so that the block of data is readily visible and different from the remainder of the sheet.

You could change the font style or colour of the data  to also do the same think.

• sorry to revive a dead thread, but for this sort of thing you should export your data to google sheets and print it off there. 

smartsheets is the superior spreadsheet processor, but google sheets will let you apply borders, so its good as a final step before printing. http://www.solveyourtech.com/add-borders-google-sheets/

• Hello, 

I would like to understand how to better report on data captured from multiple work streams by printing or exporting a dashboard. The automation processes for  update/data capture is awesome and this is the sole reason our company has stuck with SmartSheets. However, we have graduated from capturing data, to reporting out to much broader (and diverse) audiences. The dashboards are great when viewing through a browser. Exporting or printing to PDF is a different story. It has everything to do with boarders. There has to be an option to remove them. I've retreated to taking screenshots and loading to powerpoint. You folks have developed a very capable, web-based data manipulation program (much applause) but it doesn't count for much if the data cannot be visualized on demand, and quickly, for various audiences.

Please help......

This discussion has been closed.