Smartsheet reporting and dashboard

sahilhq
sahilhq ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

Attached below is a screenshot of a Smartsheet dashboard that we have had set up on our project by someone else. The dashboard data is being driven by a report which is in turn being driven by a stats sheet (screenshots also attached below). I have a couple of questions in relation to setting up a different dashboard that will use a similar sort of approach:

- While creating the new SS dashboard and then selecting the chart widget, I am unable to make it display the information displayed in the report. I want the information shown in the report to reflect in the chart widget (as shown in the attached DCM Dashboard image).

- In the stats screen shot below, do you know what is the purpose of having a Rpt-Level column and the formula associated with it? 

Please ask if you don't understand the above queries. Thanks. 

DCM Dashboard.PNG

Report.PNG

Stats.PNG

Comments

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately you can't build charts off of reports. You would need to create a metrics sheet that essentially pulls the same data using cross sheet references and then use that to build your chart.

As for the Report Level column... I am not entirely sure. I would imagine that if you looked at the report builder, it would show that you are filtering on that criteria along with the other criteria already being filtered on.