Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Hi struggling a bit on the correct formula for overdue tasks

Options
James B
James B
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi,

I need a function to look at If a column completed date is blank and the end date column date i s more than today to the return status "overdue" so I can report on overdue tasks ?

Comments

• Tracy Helms
    Tracy Helms ✭✭✭
    Options

this works

=IF(ISDATE([completed date]1), "", IF(TODAY() > [end date]1, "overdue", ""))

this one checks to make sure end date has a value

=IF(ISDATE([completed date]1), "", IF(TODAY() > [end date]1, IF(ISDATE([end date]1), "overdue", ""), ""))

• James B
    Options

Great thanks Tracy, 

That works a treat just what I needed Smile

• Steve Johnson
    Steve Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

James: Will other folks access this overdue information via reports, or will your overdue tasks be noted only within the sheet?

• James B
    Options

Yes a Report will flag the overdue information accesable by others as well

• Steve Johnson
    Steve Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

James: Cool.  Then, I have another question for you.  I've got a similar set-up.  I've noticed, however, that the formulas do not update, unless you open up the sheet.  This isn't an issue normally, if you are in that sheet every day.  However, if you are out of the office for a while and nobody opens the main sheet, then the overdue calculations are not updated on the reports.  Please let me know if you see this too.

This discussion has been closed.