Include Multiple Recipients on Single Email Alert

sam.benham
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

We are currently using a form to track internal requests.  We are trying to get smartsheet to send an email to multiple recipients on a single email thread.  Essentially using this form to generate an email thread which has all of the following recipients: the form submitter (dynamic) and all individuals within our solutions group (static).  At this point I have only been able to get smartsheet to send individual emails to individual recipient.  Currently all individuals on solutions group are forwarded this email through a distribution group rule in outlook, but we have not devised a way to include the form submitter on this thread as the form submitters change.  Any help would be greatly appreciated; this functionality would significantly improve this tool for us.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sam,

The third-party service/integration Zapier might be an excellent option for this scenario. Is that an option for you?

Would that work/help?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello!

I am likewise trying to generate an email thread based off a form submission.

Currently, I have a form set up to request access to a specific building. I have automation (alerts) set that when the requestor selects a specific building, the form results are emailed to a set of contacts that vary based on the building. Right now I have 6 different buildings, so in turn I have 6 different sets of contacts.

I notice that Smartsheet will alert each individual listed, however I'm curious if it has the ability to generate an email to the group at one time, so that any additional information needed (e.g. the building property manager can reply and say "approved") can occur via email?

Let me know. Thanks!