Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Task subtask

Bill Brandt
Bill Brandt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have a long list of people which I have created suntask for to indicate what projects they are involved in. Now I want to see a list of projects and which people are assigned to them. There does seem to be a way to get this info using smartsheets. I hope I am wrong.

Comments

• I would also like to do this, hope someone can point us in the right direction.

• Hi Bill-- I'm not 100% sure what format you're looking for for this information but you might consider looking into Reporting. You could create a big picture report that pulls in all rows from your sheets and sort the report as desired to group the Assigned To users. 

• Bill Brandt
    Bill Brandt ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried using a report but it seems that the link of Task to subtask is not perserved. If I create a report and bring in a group of people who each have several projects as subtasks it is visually correct. If I then sort the sheet by project all the project rows end up together and the names end up together at the end of the list of projects. Once you have done that you can not seem to fix it. It would apear that the only way to do it is to not use subtask and have a unique row for each person project combo. This would seem to completly negate the function of subtasks. Again I am hoping I am missing something.

Bill

This discussion has been closed.