Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Current date against a ticked checkbox.

Options

Hi,

I'm trying to come up with a formula that will populate a given cell with the current date if and when a certain checkbox has been ticked. Please note, this date must be fixed, i. e. it must NOT change as the days go by. Is this possible at all?

I know this is completely wrong, but just to illustrate better what I mean ("Done1" because the checkbox is in a column called "Done").

=IF(Done14, 1, "whatever would insert the date").

Further do this, there will be additional cells which are supposed to take that fixed date discussed above, add, say, 7 days to it and display the result.

Thank you kindly in advance for any and all replies.

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Kennedy Stomps Employee
    edited 07/26/16
    Options

Hi Piotr-- Great question! We don't currently offer a function that would capture the date when the function was inserted into a cell (the TODAY() function captures the current date, so will change from day to day). This is a good feature request, though, and I will add your vote for it to our enhancement request list. Thanks for the input!

This discussion has been closed.