Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How can i see who has changed which portion of the sheet?

Robert Poddar
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi, 

I am having a situation wherein we are 2 Admins sharing the same Project sheet. I know that this is not the best way of handling the project/sheet. I would like to know, how do i see which portions of the plan is updated by my counterpart? I see a message that some changes are done and i need to refresh the sheet. I click the refresh button, but after that, i am unable to understand the areas where the changes have been made. 

thanks 

Robert.

Comments

• Using the highlight changes button on the left, you can see all the changes made it the last x (days, hours, mins...). You can also right click a cell to see it's history and who modified what.

Hope it helps!

Étienne

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/26/16

There is also a system column you can add "Modified By".  It will populate with the last user to edit a row.

Capture.PNG

• Robert Poddar
    edited 07/27/16

Hi Etienne

I am unable to identify the highlight button on the left. I tried right-clicking the cell and i am not getting any options (see attached screenshot). Am i missing something? 

Smartsheet.jpg

• Hi Brett, 

Thanks. I did try out your option and it explicitly shows the person who has made the changes. I wanted to "discreetly" check out on my own what changes are done, in order to see if there's any impact on the overall plan. 

thanks 

• Etienne Desbiens
    edited 07/27/16

Here is the highlight button...

highlight.PNG

• HI Etienne, 

Thanks..i will try it out..

thanks

Robert

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams Top Contributor

Robert,

Note that the Highlight function is for the sheet - there goes discreet.

Your colleague will see it too, but that's what collaboration is all about.

Craig

• Hi Craig, 

I just as much thought so :).. i will try to use the highlighter so that i get to see the changes being made to the plan and also the other "Admin" will be aware that changes will be highlighted.. :)

thanks 

Robert

This discussion has been closed.