Reporting on Tasks Past Due by Person

@SPark
@SPark ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm looking to collect ongoing data/statistics on how many tasks reach past due. I would like to collect this by person assigned and across all projects and then by month. 

Any suggestions on how to tackle this using smartsheet?

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I created a spreadsheet and used a couple cross-sheet references in a Countifs formula that will count all past due tasks, and where assigned to a particular person. We then linked that data into a dashboard! Because contact columns are finicky we used an email address and a Full name field to check against the contact column. See screenshot below. 

2019-08-27_14-16-32.jpg

• @SPark
    @SPark ✭✭✭

Thank you Mike, I can give that a try! I currently have a report that shows me past due tasks across all my spreadsheets but it changes based on the task getting marked as complete. Ideally, I would be able to create a stats report-- something that could show, for instance, tasks assigned to "John" become past due 25% of the time. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. I see what you mean. That would require tracking the actual completion date and measuring it against the due date. You might want to add a hidden column or a flag that adds text if the assignment or is triggered when the actual completion is past the due date. Then you could divide all the past due assignments that are completed and divide them by the total completed assignments to get a percentage number. 

Would that work for you?