Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Managing Resources by duration and not % allocation

Options
Hadi
Hadi
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is there a way to manage resources by time rather than having to use % allocation please? Any way aound this?

Its actually not that easy to manage using a %.

Sad that smartsheet didn't think it would be an important feature. 

I'm no software expert, but seems like not too difficult a fix if they already implemented it for the project timeline management.

Thanks 

Comments

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Hadi-- We currently only offer the ability to manage resources by % Allocation, but I've added your vote to support managing resources by time to our enhancement request list. Our developers will consider this for a future update. We appreciate your input!

• Hadi
    Options

Hi Kennedy. I think it already works. I inserted the work week and work hours per day. Then i activated the Gantt chart features with predesesor and duration. Then i activated the resource management function from settings and put the % allocation option to none. I think its calculating the dates with the duration and allocation at %100 and calculating how much of the day is being used.

Please let me know if I got it right.

Thank you for the response. 

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hi Hadi-- Sorry, I should have clarified-- yes, if you don't use a % Allocation column in your sheets, Smartsheet will assume 100% allocation percentage for all tasks. Glad that this worked for you!

This discussion has been closed.