Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Allowing for unresourced time requirements

Options
Dan S
Dan S
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I'm evaluating using SmartSheet for project managing construction projects. So far, so good.

One of the requirements is to allocate time for processes such as plaster drying out. So no resource is required, just a number of calendar days, which can include weekends/holidays.

I can set up a "task" for this with dependency on the "plasterer" task, but how do I allow for this to continue over a weekend please?

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Dan,

Glad to hear your looking at Smartsheet. We love it. It is very easy to use and the community is very helpful.

What you are wanting to do is very doable. You do not have to have a resource in the assigned to field. You can still use predessors if you want to. If you have set up the weekends as non-working days, the way to schedule and have them look like working days is to use the elapsed time. Here is some information about it.

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/work-days-not-normally-work-day.

Read through it. It will give you the answers.

Enjoy and welcome to Smartsheet.

Peace!

• Tracy Helms
    Tracy Helms ✭✭✭
    Options

Dan

We manage construction projects as well.  What you want is something like MS Projects multiple calendars for resources, which is not available on smartsheet.

Heidi's link to the similar discussion is interesting but we could not make it work, at least we do not understand the logic behind the eXd calculations.

It's something we would use as well if we could figure it out...but in the end, we learned to live with the limitation.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 12.09.52 PM.png

This discussion has been closed.