Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Pulling data from column on drop downlist

Options

Hi,

Is it possible to pull the data of "column-1" of "Sheet-1" to dropdown list in "column-1" of "Sheet-2" ?

What actually my requirement is:

I have a task list defined on "Column-1" of "Sheet-1". I need to create a RFI (Request For Information) webform for site engineers ("Sheet-2") where they select the task list from the dropdown list.

I hope I am clear on my requirement.

Thanks.

Comments

• Greg Gates
    Greg Gates ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the task list is static (i.e. won't or will rarely ever change) then I think you could just copy and past the list of tasks from Sheet 1 into your dropdown column in Sheet 2. If you need your dropdown list to dynamically update though (because your task list will change regularly), I don't think it will be possible. Someone definitely correctly me if I'm wrong!

• Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply. My task is not oftenly dynamic but sometime it is. Workaround I am doing right now is the same what you have suggested, but would be great if it automically change in dropdown list when I change the task in column.

Thanks.

• Christian Wells
    edited 08/05/16
    Options

Hi Deepak, This has been added to the Development requests for Smartsheet.

There are several threads on this functionality all described differently, and Travis "The soldier he is" keeps putting our votes for the functionality forward.

Hopefully it will come soon.Cool

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Richard at Smarter Business Processes has solved this problem using Azuqua.

The solution is a bit pricey in my opinion, but if the lists are changing often, the ballpark ROI is easy to determine.

Contact him for a demo / free initial consultation

richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com 

caveat: I work with Richard when consulting on Smartsheet related projects.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.