Multiple Update Requests In One Email

edited 12/09/19 in Using Smartsheet
09/03/19 Edited 12/09/19

Greetings - 

I currently have employees getting multiple update requests in one email. Please see the attached screenshot for an example. I am needing these to come thru as individual emails and not multiple update requests grouped into one email. Am I missing something in the settings?

Hoping someone can help me sort this out.. Many thanks! 

multiple update request - 1 email.PNG

Popular Tags:

Comments

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it set to trigger "Right Away"?

• edited 09/03/19

Hello Paul.

Yes the trigger is set to right away.. Triggers from multiple rows can happen seconds from each other however for the same person. Could this be the cause of grouped update requests in one email?

• Paul NewcomePaul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be the cause. If multiple Update Requests are sent to the same person at the same time, they will be included in the same email.

I am not sure of some kind of workaround either other than slowing down how often rows are triggering the Request to be sent which is probably rather impractical.

• We are have the same problem with multiple update requests in the same email. Has this been resolved?

• Manuel SeubertManuel Seubert ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm curious if this has been resolved yet since I have the opposite issue: I have a sheet with timed update requests (daily at 5 pm) and I want to be sure that each person only gets one email per day instead of 40-50 emails at the same time. Is there a setting somewhere to force grouping of update requests?

• Manuel SeubertManuel Seubert ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a potential solution for this issue: If I use a custom message the recipient gets separate emails for each row even if they are sent at exactly the same time and contain exactly the same custom message.

If I remove the custom message, only one email for all update requests will be send.

• I have a custom message on my update request and my recipient received a generic update request without any message other than "Please update my online sheet." My custom message included fields from each row and none of this came through in the update request that was sent. Has anyone else encountered this?

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beverly Brandt (CORTAC Group)

Was it more than one update request in the email? Is it set to send right away?

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.