Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How do I collapse the discussion threads?

esimp12
esimp12 ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

One of the features we really liked before was the ability to collapse message threads based upon certain topics.  This new version  of discussion threads doesn’t appear to allow for that.  Is there any way of reverting back to the classic view? Or is this not possible?

It was nice having the titles of the discussion threads much bigger so you could easily find different threads. Now it just looks like a long text chain. 

Comments

• +1 for this...it'll be more helpful in sorting out main Disc threads too

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/11/16

Thank you for your feedback and apologies for the inconvenience the changes may have caused.  I completely understand that the transition from the old Smartsheet experience to the new one may be disruptive and frustrating.

My team and I have been focused 100% in the last two days on customer feedback, and we are looking at options to mitigate the concerns that have been expressed.  Most immediately, we are working on a fix to add aditional context (primary column value) to notifications, and looking to release that today or tomorrow.

We are listening to your feedback and appreciate your patience!

• esimp12
    esimp12 ✭✭
    edited 08/11/16

Thanks Alex. Looking forward to it!

• esimp12
    esimp12 ✭✭

Alex,

As you consider changes to the comments, if the previous version of comments cannot be brought back (which would still be ideal), it would at least be helpful to be able to format the text so it's easier to find headings of comments. Completely losing the discussion thread title has been very frustrating for us as we post of lot of text to our discussions. 

• Alex Vorobiev
    Alex Vorobiev ✭✭✭✭✭

Adding rich text formatting to comments is on the roadmap.  There are a number of reasons why rich text support would improve the experience.  I don't have any specific information as to when this would be added.  

Based on your aggregate feedback, we are targeting early September for a number of usability improvements to Comments, including expand / collapse, and improved readability.

Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.