Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Hyperlinking

Mike Wagner
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

How do I hyperlink to a cell on the same sheet? I would like to click on a cell and be taken to another page in the same sheet.

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Mike,

I assume by "another page in the same sheet" you mean somewhere else in the same sheet, probably in an area not currently displayed.

I don't think you can.

Here's too semi work arounds

1. If this is two specific cells you frequently travel between, then you could link them via a 2nd sheet and use the shortcuts to travel to the cells in two "jumps".

Does not seem very useful except in a very limited sense.

2. Ctrl+G will open the Go To Row dialog -- if you know what the row # is, you can at least get that far.

I would vote for a Go To Cell feature, but probably would not use it very much because I don't keep the cell referencing in my head.

Craig

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a workaround that might help. 

1. Create a Table of content section in the sheet (at the top)
    2. Create a new column (Count)
    3. Use the following formula in the Count column.

=1 + 0 (Copy down the whole sheet)
    4. Create a new column (RowID)
    5. Use the following formula in the RowID column, cell 1.  =COUNT(Count$1:Count@row) (Copy down the whole sheet)
    6. Create a new column (Row)
    7. Use the following formula in the Row column.

="CTRL/CMD+G " + RowID@row
    8. Link the different sections of the sheet to the ToC in the at the top with the following formula. =Row16 (for row 16)
    9. Try it by pressing the CTRL/CMD + G combination and type the number from the ToC section that you want to jump to.
    10. You can also combine the Row and Task Name column and hide the Count, RowID and Row columns.

Please see the attached link/screenshot for more information.

https://cl.ly/d71b0a

Depending on your country you’ll need to exchange the semi-colon to a comma in the above formulas.

I hope this helps you!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It took a while to grok what you were trying to do there Andrée.

I use Ctrl+G mostly on large sheets to get to the bottom quickly.

You solution might help with the ones were I want to go the last row of a section, not the header, so thanks for that.

Craig

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear that it's useful for you!

I think it will be beneficial for big projects, sheets with different phases or sections. 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Even better if we could freeze rows, but yes, I see it.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.