Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Enhancement Request: Show filter expression

Andrew Gross
Andrew Gross ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Would like to be able to hover over a filter icon and have a popup advise the filter expression. 

filter.png

Comments

• Great suggestion, Andrew! I'll pass this along to the team working on some improvements to filtering in Smartsheet, thanks for the input :)

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Please add my vote for this as well.

Craig

• Si Spence
    Si Spence ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,  it would be great to know if a column has been filtered (is this the same thing as expression?).  The only way to know if a filter has been applied is to click on that filter.

Also on filtering one column, all options in any other filters remain in place. see screenshot.  I've filtered Column A (region) and I know that I only have 4 account managers working on the Asia projects and yet all team members are listed.  I really only want to see the account managers with Asia responsibility.  Am i missing a setting for this?

Capture.PNG

• Hi Si-- Yep, I think you're thinking along the same lines as Andrew, so I've added your vote for this!

In response to your second question, Smartsheet won't remove options from a list for filtering based on the results of filters in other columns, so this is expected behavior at this point. I'll also add your vote to consider this for a future update!

This discussion has been closed.