Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Track changes

Nico
Nico
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi there, 

I am wondering if it is possible that when changes are made, for example after changing dates of tasks and phases, that when Smartsheet saves this, it would save leave the old file there for an audit trail. 

For example, I change the dates of five tasks, when I click save - I'd like this to be v2, and then each change going forward has the previous version saved for a back up.

Any help regarding this is most appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Tags:

Comments

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/22/16

You can request a back up for your sheet/s or even workspaces.  All you have to do is right click on the name of the sheet/workspace (while on the home page) nd click on "Request Backup".  You will be able to view up to 5 weeks worth.

• You could also download/export it before updating and attach it as a previous version to keep all previous versions available outside the scope of requesting a backup.

This discussion has been closed.