Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Linking cells from multiple sheets to a report

Options

Let me describe what we're doing:

We are an agency that has several creative agents working on projects for our clients. Each creative logs hours worked on projects.

We need to be able to count the total hours worked by all agents, then report that to the client report in one cell. 

Does that make sense? So if we have 5 agents working on projects for an individual client, each tracking their hours worked on their own sheet, I need to total all the hours worked for that client and show that number on the client's report.

Comments

• Tony Davidson - SmartSheet Certified User 2016
    edited 09/09/16
    Options

This could be easily achieved through the scheduled reporting capabilities.  I would also suggest using Sights which is a much nicer executive overview summary.  

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Use a combination of Formulas and Cell linking to build a dashboard that slices the data by Client, by worker or both then you have what you want. 

If you dont know how to do this and it is worth making the effort to set it up we can help you with the design as, you would imagine that one Timesheet is much like another. Yet we have never come across two client timesheets exactly the same and you are right, collating the collected data into the right views is not simple, it needs to design work. 

Good luck or let us know how we can help? 

RichardR 

This discussion has been closed.