Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Check Multiple Boxes or Tag Multiple Items Within One Cell?

Options
Dereck H
Dereck H
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I know I've asked this in the past like 3 years ago but don't know if there mght have been a feature update or workaround for this yet.

Is there a way to check multiple boxes or tag multiple items within a single cell? If I made a dropdown menu of 12 items for example, is there a way to check or select 2 of them for one row within one cell?

If this feature was added this would make smartsheet soooo much more powerful, I find myself having to create a million collumns because you can only check one box per cell. This makes smartsheet perform very very slowly and makes it harder to navigate the inforamtion you want to filter. It also makes filtering the tags/checkboxes you want to see harder as well. Smartsheet needs to integrate what Google Contacts has when grouping people into circles or categories, really simple concept.

Multiple Checkboxes.jpg

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This would be very popular if Smartsheet can make it happen? 

Alternatively we can integrate Google with Smartsheet to get what you want using Appsheet. Depends how important this is to you? 

Hope that helps

RichardR

• Dereck H
    Options

I think this would make smartsheet much more powerful, organized, simpler and efficient without question Laughing

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/10/19
    Options

Hi Dereck,

Good news! It's coming!

Hi everyone, 

I'm pleased to announce that the Multi Select Dropdown project is in development.

The functionality Robert Meisch mentioned above (dynamically populate a drop down list from a selected range in a sheet?) is in early stages of research and we're hoping to have that out this year.

Thank you for the passion, and thanks for the patience.

Kara

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• melody102386
    Options

I am so excited for this feature to be added. I cannot tell you how much this will change our workflow for the better. Thank you!!!

This discussion has been closed.