Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Cell linking

Jon N
Jon N ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to link my sheet to another sheet that will automatically generate new entries. I have a master log in Smartsheet that i use for all the background check information that only an internal team has access too. When i filter though for a certain company in that sheet I would like to be able to share that information with the contractor. Is there a way that I can add entries to the master sheet for that general contractor and it will populate  my other shee t that is inked?

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Jon

You have at Least two choices here. 

Us Zapier and a data Trigger in the selected Rows to transmit a copy to the other sheet and create a New Row there. 

OR

Select the Rows you wish to add to the other sheet then use the Dropdown menu (left column down arrow) choose the "Copy to another sheet." That will create a new Row at the bottom of the Receiving sheet. 

Hope that helps? 

RichardR

This discussion has been closed.