Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Feature Request - History view

Options
Brad Jones
Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Ok, so it's nice to be able to see how things are trending, but given that things keep changing it means you need to have to keep old reports or backups around that you can plug into excel.  

Wait though, we have the history of each cell available within two clicks.  And we have the highlight feature which shows which cells have changed in the past 'x' days.

So... what if we leveraged that inherent data and created the ability to "view this sheet on day x in the past"???  So you'd click on a box somewhere in the title and say which day you'd like to go back to.  Then, once selected, the entire sheet would (temporarily) revert back to the version from that date.  This could be really helpful, particularly if we could leave it in this view and generate our graphs off of it again.  Call it a "History View"

ehh???

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Brad—sounds like you're looking for sheet versioning in Smartsheet. As you know, we don't yet have this type of feature but I'll pass your feedback along to our Product team for further consideration.

Thanks for the input!

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/06/16
    Options

Hey there Shaine.  I would not exactly call it versioning, but that could be a way to describe it.  I'm looking for a history snapshot.  Just another idea.

• That would be a great feature. I have the same request, since the plan undergoes some changes, it would be beneficial to have a kind of timeline feature:

you set the date, and the plan at that date is shown

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/27/16
    Options

Hooray!  Just looked at the roadmap today, and this has made it into the development list.

Sheet History - View an audit log of changes to a sheet.

Sheet Summary Info - Track summary level meta-data about a sheet

This discussion has been closed.