Summary Count of Status by Assigned Person

rpyonker
rpyonker ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

I have  been racking my brain for a bit to figure out a formula for a summary sheet that will give me a count of each status (not started, in progress, complete, at risk) by the user assigned. I am trying to pull this information from my project sheet. I have a summary count for each status but I cannot seem to add the additional criteria of the assigned person in addition to the status to get that count. Can anyone offer some advise or help?

Thanks,

Robert

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Robert,

It would look something like this.

=COUNTIFS({Range - Assigned To}; Assigned@row; {Range - Status}; "In Progress")

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you Andree, the formula that you put in was exactly what I needed. I had been using the CountIF formula but the CountIFS worked perfectly. Thanks for you help. :)

Robert

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Rhett
    Rhett ✭✭

Hi there - I am not understanding how to use this COUNTIFS formula above. I am in the process of creating a SmartSheet dashboard for my team from an intake tracker we have. I would like to use the metrics widgets which require sheet summary formulas.

Problem - I am trying to create a sheet summary of how many current tasks are assigned to a specific resource - we have 9 teammates that are assigned to these tasks but the assigned column is by email and we have 5 different priority categories. is there any way I can get some help on the below formula on how to actually input it? Currently I am getting unsparseable

=COUNTIFS({Range - Assigned To}; Assigned@row; {Range - Status}; "In Progress")

where do I input the teammates email in this and the priorities? Status could work to for the example and I can reverse engineer.

it's an intake tracker with constant tickets being assigned to different teammates

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Rhett

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!