Cannot get Tableau Online map to embed on Smartsheet dashbooard

sanjayb
sanjayb ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hey Smartsheet community, I want to embed a Tableau Online worksheet on my Smartsheet dashboard, but when I do this, I get an error message that Tableau Online server refused to connect. I made sure to copy the link exactly into the Smartsheet widget editor.

Any ideas?

Tags:

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Have you followed this guide? If you have, and it still doesn't work, and If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team. Smartsheet Support Team

Tableau

Tableau Online Embedding is supported from the cloud Tableau Online app only (Tableau on a self- hosted server and Tableau public links aren't supported).

1. Go to the Tableau content that you want to embed and click Share.
    2. Select the link not the embed code. 

The Web Content widget accepts iframe code only—the embed code will include a <script> tag.

To customize which charts you want visible, you can resize the widget. If a chart is on the bottom, to make this specific chart the only visible one, you can edit the Tableau dashboard itself and move that chart to the top.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• We are also having this exact same problem. We follow the instructions exactly, but still get the refused to connect error.

• allt3ch
    allt3ch ✭✭

we are also having the same issue but with office365 files.