Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Effectively using Link Cells

Kegan
Kegan
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi guys,

I'm eager to understand the easiest approach for using the Link Cell functionality with templates.  

I am building a 'Project Master Listing' document that will have cell links to multiple 'Individual Project' documents.  When each new 'Individual Project' is created i am assuming i need to manually associate the Cell Links between the 'Project Master Listing' and the 'Individual Project' document?

My concern is that i could have multiple projects created in any given week and this manual Cell Link process for each inidivual project could become a nightmare!

Kegan

Comments

• Tim Meeks
    Tim Meeks ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Kegan,

Yes.  it could if you have multple new projects each week.  Another way to do this might be with reports.  

You could then just pull a report daily or weekly,etc and it would caputre the new projects without having to link the cells to another sheet each time.

hope this helps.

tim

This discussion has been closed.