Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Calculate % complete based upon start and end dates?

Mike Hadddock
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello, does anyone know how to calcuate the % complete for a project based upon it start and end date?  I have projects where my resources are "consulting" and I'd like to have a way to see the % complete of the project when I roll it up in a project overview dashboard.

I tried using the traditional "yearfrac" formula utilized in Excel but this doesnt appear to be supported.

Thanks for your help!

Mike 

Comments

• Hi Mike—one important note on this is that if you have dependencies enabled in your sheet, there isn't currently a way to place custom formulas in the % complete column as it's being used to calculate the weighted parent roll up functionality.

If you don't have dependencies enabled in your sheet, you'll need to create a custom formula that calculates the percentage for you in a manner that you see fit. Although we don't have a YEARFRAC function in Smartsheet, I'd recommend checking out our Help Center to see what you can come up with: http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/775363-using-formulas

This discussion has been closed.