Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Project Roadmap on Calender view of report

Options
Daniel Shaw
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hello,

I have a master project list sheet setup.  I am attempting to create a project roadmap so we can look at the big picture.  I was able to create a report that shows every Active, On Hold and Not start project.

Here are my two issues:

1. The calendar view will only view out to 1 month, is that the limit or is it a configuration item we can change?  Can we configure to allow a 1 year view?.

2. How can I have the report calender view show different colors for the 3 different status type mentioned above? Make the Active project lines green, on hold yellow, not started gray as an example.Right now there are all light blue in the report.

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hello Daniel—

1. There isn't a way to display an entire year at a time in the calendar view but I'll get your vote down for this on our enhancement request list for further consideration.

2. You can accomplish this by setting conditional formatting rules in the source sheets, details on this in our Help Center: http://help.smartsheet.com/articles/516359-conditional-formatting

Note that in order for the conditional formatting to be visible in the report, the source sheet must be opened and saved.

• Daniel Shaw
    Options

Thanks, the one item that allowed the calender view to carry over the conditional formatting ended up being not only the fill in color but task bar as well.  Once I added the matching color to task bar, color everywhere. 

One item on the roadmap that I found could be an  issue unless addressed, the project density, I had to move to view by 1 day to see all the projects listed.  If a year view is put in the enhancement there would need to be away to show a taller area to see all the projects.

Thanks!!!

This discussion has been closed.