Create, edit, or delete a post in the Community
In order to ask or answer a question or create a post in the Smartsheet online Community, you must first set up an account (see: Getting started: Create an account).
Create a Post:
You can start a new Question, Discussion, or Idea by clicking New Post.
- Questions: only Questions can have Best Answers so this is the best choice when you have an issue that needs to be resolved or you are looking for solutions.
- Discussions: these posts allow you to chat with other users, such as providing an example of one of your own use-case scenarios, without necessarily needing an answer.
- Idea: these posts can be voted on by other Community members. Only create an Idea if you've made sure it doesn't already exist.
Edit or Delete your post:
You can edit your post for up to four hours after your initial post time by clicking on the three dots in the top-right corner of your post.
If this time has passed and you need to either edit or delete your post, you will need to contact a Community Moderator to facilitate the change.
To do so:
- Click the flag icon on the Post
- Select Report
- Write a detailed note with how you would like your post to change
NOTE: Reporting a post is a private action that does not add any negative points.
You can also use this Report function to request images to be removed, to send a note to the Moderation team, or to change what comment was marked as the Best Answer to your question.