Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How to calculate schedule % updates in Smartsheet

Options
Deepa Manik
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi, 

I use smart sheet for tracking my project progress. i would want to add one more column similar to % complete to calcuate my schedule percentage based on the number of days complete till date divided by duration. 

i added a column with percentage updates as per schedule however, these percentages do not roll up to the parent like it does in the % complete. 

Any help is welcome. 

Regards, 

Deepa

Comments

• Benjamin Walker
    Options

Deepa,

The rollup you describe is set in the gantt settings. Gantt view only supports 1 rollup as it uses start, finish, predecessors, and duration columns to calculate this information. With more specifics I may be able to help you create a formula for what you are attempting to do! To start entering a formula in a cell, start with an equals sign. More information on formulas can be found here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/775363-using-formulas

• Deepa Manik
    edited 11/09/16
    Options

Benjamin,

Thank you for sharing this, i treid using the formula AVG(Children()), i did make a little progress. However not able to roll all the sub parents to the Final / top most overall percentage, can you help here?

• Benjamin Walker
    Options

Deepa,

You may need to individually select the cells you want to average. I am not sure how your sheet is set up but a simple average of all individual values may work for you?

Something like this

=AVG([Column2]2, [Column2]4, [Column2]7, [Column2]11)

• Deepa Manik
    Options

Benjamin,

I did that, but it does not roll up like the % complete column does it.

Any thoughts? Is there a way where i can share my sheet with you?

• Benjamin Walker
    Options

It is hard to help without seeing your data. If you think sharing the sheet would help, you can share to [REMOVED] and I can take a look and help you proceed.

This discussion has been closed.