Show schedule gaps in parent Gantt View

Hello,

Is there any way to show the gaps in the schedules for child tasks in the Gantt view. Currently, the parent shows the minimum and maximum dates of the child and displays a continuous graphic, even if there are gaps in the schedule of the child tasks. Can anything be done to display these schedule gaps in the parent row?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately you can only have a single solid bar on each row in the Gantt, but that is a great idea! Feel free to Submit a Product Enhancement Request when you get a chance.

In the meantime... The only thing I can think of is to create an additional child row for each gap and use conditional formatting to color those bars differently under the parent.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hi Paul,

Has there been any update on this feature? I've been looking around the Smartsheet community and it looks like it's a highly requested product enhancement. It would be very helpful to be able to accurately represent recurring tasks in a Gantt view.

in the mean time, can you provide the conditional formatting formula that would represent different colors for child rows in the parent row bar?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mzomerschoe There is no formula needed. You would just have to set up a conditional formatting rule. Basically you could insert a child row that just say "GAP" or something to that affect then use conditional formatting to change the color of the Gantt bar for any row that equal "GAP" (or whatever text you are using to indicate a gap).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Kenyon Bajus
    Kenyon Bajus ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 this would be helpful.

@Paul Newcome nobody wants to create child rows to fill in the gaps. This is something SS could easily implement and should.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Kenyon Bajus I am sorry that you are unhappy with the presented solution. Please feel free to Submit a Product Enhancement Request when you have a moment to let Smartsheet know that you are interested in this feature.

10xViz.com